Michael Stagar has over 37 years’ experience in Public Accounting and Fraud Examination and analysis with the firm Ohio CPAs and in his own fraud examination practice. He also provides consulting services for Local Government Consulting Internal Auditors and IT Health Care Compliance. Mr. Stagar has also served as the Ohio Chairperson for the Republic Senatorial Circle and as an elected Public Official for the Medina Township, where he was a Fiscal Officer, Treasurer, and Parliamentarian.
Mr. Stagar has also sat as an International Standards – Professional Committee Voting Member on the American Society of Testing & Material (ASTM – International), on committee E11 on Quality and Statistics, committee F31 on Healthcare Informatics, committee E30 on Emergency Medical Services and subcommittee D18.26 Hydraulic Fracturing.
He also holds the following professional licensures and certifications:
- 1. Certified Public Accountant – Ohio
- 2. Certified Fraud Examiner – ACFE
- 3. Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist – ICFE
- 4. Certified Professional in Healthcare Information Management Systems – HIMSS
- 5. Certified Professional in Therapeutic Hypothermia Life Support – Protocol evaluation, development, implementation & post-resuscitation care: Univ. of Penn; Center for Resuscitation Science.
- 6. Certificate Health Information Technology Professional – Implementation Support Specialist/Healthcare-EMR-EHR: Corporate College; Health Information Technology Consortium
- 7. Certified Grant Specialist – Research Associated & National Grant Writers Association.
Since 1976, Mr. Stagar has worked as an Adjunct Instructor, Facilitator and Associate Professor for several Undergraduate, Graduate, and Professional Accounting, Business, Finance, Statistics, and Healthcare courses. He has taught in traditional, hybrid, multi-media, and on-line classrooms for New England College, Becker CPA Review, Kent State University. He was at Myers University, David Myers University, Chancellor University, and Bryant & Stratton College from 1998-2010. Between 1976 and 1998 he also taught at the following colleges; Lorain County Community College, Wayne College-Akron University, Sawyer Business College, ITT, Wooster Business College, and Medina Business College.
Mr. Stagar earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Cleveland State University majoring in Political Science, Education, and Social Studies. He also has a Bachelor of Science with Honors from Dyke College, with an Accounting and a Paralegal focus. He earned his MBA in Executive Management, with honors at Ashland University. After this he completed his PhD –ABD at Capella University, in Public School Leadership with a specialization in Health Care Administration – Finance & Compliance.