Find out for yourself how New England College’s quality curriculum can enrich your career.
New England College’s Master of Science in Accounting – Online (MSA) 40-credit-hour program is designed to help expand your breadth and depth of knowledge in taxation, financial reporting, cost accounting, auditing, and mergers and acquisitions. This program will prepare you for careers in auditing and risk management, corporate accounting, management consulting, banking and financial services, governmental and nonprofit organizations, and taxation practices.
This program was developed based on the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Core Competencies for entry into the accounting profession. The aim is to ensure a successful career in accounting.
Upon completion of the program, you will have developed and enhanced your core competencies in the following areas:
- Functional: risk analysis, measurement, problem solving, reporting, and research.
- Personal: professional demeanor, decision-making, interaction, leadership, communication, and project management.
- Broad Business: strategic/critical thinking, industry/sector perspective, international/global perspective, marketing/client focus, legal regulatory perspective, and resource management.
Based on these competencies, the Master of Science in Accounting – Online (MSA) satisfies the 150-hour requirement for the CPA examination in most states. You will also be prepared for other professional certification programs such as:
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)